Thursday, January 17, 2013

First blog assignment

-->
Distinguished members of the Internet community,

My name is Gary Crittenden. I am a senior in Anthropology.  I took an evolution of disease (ib 360) class last semester and it really sparked my interest in the role of evolution in life. I find it intriguing how greatly we have miss-matched ourselves with the environment that we evolved with. And to learn more about how human kind will most likely be eradicated by antibiotic resistant bacteria.

Here are some links I found interesting:


I found the last blog to be very insightful; it is not actually a single blog post but one person’s (sarah boseley) compilation of blog posts on antibiotic resistance. I found there to be a wealth of knowledge on topics that I did not even know were trending issues. I feel that it is inevitable humanity’s downfall will not only happen but be caused by super bacteria that we have rapidly selected for through use of modern medicine. Now, I am all for humanity and I truly hope that this will not be the case but I feel that this issue does not get the attention it deserves.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gary! Just a quick note that you provided blog *posts* rather than *blogs,* which is what the assignment prompt requested, and then a set of blog posts from one particular label, rather than a blog post, for the last part. I'm just letting you know for next time.

    ReplyDelete