Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My First Blog Post


Hello everyone-

My name is Heather. I am an Integrative Biology major and am minoring in Anthropology. Evolution and human disease sounded like a topic that would interest me, so I decided to take this class. Next year, I plan to take a class about evolution and human health in my major, so I figured ANTH 249 would be a good background to have. Evolution is a topic that has long interested me, and I enjoy looking at its many facets, which go far beyond buzz words like "Darwin" or "natural selection."

Some relevant blogs to this class:

Link to an interesting blog post.
     In more recent times, doctors have been prescribing more medication to their patients. In times as recent as our parents' childhood, a child was simply seen as restless, not having ADHD. This article brings this idea into a different perspective, that of women's health. It is known that hormone levels flucuate in a woman's body, as I am sure Professor Clancy could tell us much about. Today, more "severe" cases of fluctuation have been given a name and signified as a disorder requiring medication. This post raises some interesting points and makes one ponder if medication is over-prescribed in modern day society.


I look forward to getting to know all of you this semester!
- Heather

http://onlypositive.net/image.axd?picture=2010%2F5%2Fkittty-smile.jpg









No comments:

Post a Comment